At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Ethicon Inc. and NeuWave Medical of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, are recruiting for a Quality Engineering Co-op. The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation.
Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
As a Co-op in the Quality Engineering organization, you will have the chance to:
- Use state of the art tools and take advantage of training courses offered on-site.
- Perform testing, experimentation, verification, and validation to support product design.
- Assist in developing laboratory testing, interpreting data results, and recommending next steps.
- Learn and perform various statistical analysis techniques.
- Create and update risk management documents like FMEAs, Quality plans, and complaint analyses.
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills.
- Work with a diverse team of Design Engineers, Development Engineers, Quality Engineers, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and Clinical.
- Meet with Quality management to discuss risks and opportunities for the respective projects.
The Quality Engineering Co-op:
- May have the opportunity to work at or support one of the following Johnson & Johnson Medical Device sites in a virtual or on-site capacity:
- Ethicon Inc. – Cincinnati Ohio
- NeuWave Medical – Madison, Wisconsin
- Will be assigned to a team in one of the various franchises of each respective company.
- Will work in New Product Development/R&D, Lifecycle/Sustaining, or the Quality Systems group.
- Will report directly to, and receive assignments from, the team Quality Engineer, while also working with the broader team for additional assignments.
- Will participate in and/or lead on-campus activities such as learning committees, volunteer events, and meet and greet luncheons with full time associates.
Rotations are generally 3-5 months (based on common Spring, Summer, and Fall school semester terms) and availability for multiple rotations is desired. The Quality Engineering Co-op program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. If brought back for multiple rotations, responsibilities will increase with each rotation as experience is gained by returning to school. We offer a competitive wage and housing assistance for non-local students.
- Actively enrolled in an accredited College/University pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer/Software Engineering or a related field
- Class standing of a Sophomore or above at the start of the Co-Op term
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Availability to work Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with basic statistics concepts/terminology
- If not in an engineering application- other roles are acceptable (i.e. budget management from a club, or any experience working with numbers
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Previous quality engineering related experiences.
- Knowledge of FDA or regulatory guidance.
- Medical related experience (previous co-op at medical device company, working volunteering at a hospital, etc.).
- Advanced familiarity with statistics concepts/terminology (either from previous co-ops or classwork)
- Understanding of risk management.
- Failure analysis/root cause understanding.
- Experience with statistics software (e.g. Minitab, Weibull/Reliasoft, SAS, etc.).
Please note that most, but not all, Johnson & Johnson roles are currently virtual due to COVID-19. While locations/facilities have been aligned to our Internships and Co-Ops positions, assignments could be virtual due to the uncertainties of COVID-19.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJCoop #JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)