Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Investment Management role is a position on the Financial Advisor Team which operates in a capacity to further develop and service the client base. They are responsible for implementing and executing the Elite Growth Practice Model (EGP) in their specific functional role. Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the teams practice. Performance is measured through specific goals, metrics and behavior’s related to the execution of the EGP model. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Investment Management position may be filled at a Trainee, Specialist or Senior level depending on experience of the candidate and needs of the Financial
Advisor Team. The Trainee is a non-exempt position for a hire lacking required security licenses and/or designation. This position allows the individual to become fully licensed and achieve the appropriate designations required for the position. If Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) licenses and approved designation are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
The Investment Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the Financial Advisor(s) and/or Advisor Team(s) overall investment management philosophy through executing on portfolio analysis and sharing expertise in a wide range of investment product areas. Ensure risk profiles, goals, objectives and asset allocations are aligned and reflected properly for each client. Deliver full range of investment products and services across the enterprise ensuring alignment to client goals and strategies while leveraging specialists and applicable investment management tools where appropriate. Partner with internal specialists to deliver holistic investment solutions by identifying targeted investment strategies. Assist in the preparation of client performance review reports to measure progress to goals.
This is not a remote position. Candidate must plan to work out of the Spokane office
The candidate would be part of a Barron’s Top 1200 team that has 7 members currently and $2.75bn+ under management and focused on the UHNW segment
* Analyze and understand Merrill and third party research
* Monitor and respond to market and non-financial current events
* Effectively navigate proprietary planning and investment management tools
* Deliver investment management, including but not limited to investment proposal, CRC, etc.
* Monitor and analyze book pricing internally for FA team
* Convey pricing to ensure client's understanding of the value of advice and accompanying solutions
* Deep understanding of the CIO philosophy & ongoing monitoring of strategy changes based on current market environment
* Monitor and manage client portfolios to align with client goals, objectives, risk tolerance and time horizons
* Research portfolio recommendations for Investment Committee review
* Prepare materials and coordinate weekly Investment Committee meetings
* Proactively review and manage team proprietary models to align with the Investment Committee decisions
* Manage ML One variances/enrollments/updates/withdrawals/terminations
* Serve as Primary/Lead Team Member for processing PIA trades in Portfolio
* Processing of all trades (discretionary or non-discretionary)
* Create analytical reports for FAs to review client investment portfolio performances against market returns
* Propose client recommendations/changes based on client goals, risk tolerance, time horizon and objectives
* Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent; must obtain all state registrations in support of Financial Advisor(s) and Advisor Team(s) If Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
* SAFE ACT Registration
* Individuals in this role are required to maintain a Form ADV -2B, which provides clients details on individuals experience and educational background, along with other requirements governed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”)
* Obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation
* Possess and demonstrate strong communication skills
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the suite of Wealth Management products and services
* Strong analytical and portfolio management skills with the ability to identify trends and implement investment strategies to increase growth and mitigate risk
* Ability to make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of investment management best practices and policies/procedures
* Ability to identify client needs and concerns, and articulate appropriate approach to align solutions to goals in a suitable and controlled way
3-5+ years investment management industry experience
Desire to focus on investment management
Possess CFA, CIMA, or similar certification demonstrating understanding of advanced understanding of asset management
Strong ability to work independently
Strong communication skills
Exceptional work ethic
Strong organization that allows you to work on multiple projects and manage to deadlines
Good understanding of Microsoft Office
Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Lynch does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
**This position is posted as a more senior position but is flexible to be filled as a lower level position if the posted qualifications are met by a strong lower level applicant.