For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of Investment Services and Investment Management and our businesses support a full range of stakeholders of the financial system, including: Serving as custodian of over $31 trillion in financial assets for the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets) Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets) Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
Trust & Depository team in Wroclaw is part of the wider EMEA Asset Servicing Technology group and it is focused primarily on delivering and maintaining IT solutions that simplify and smoothen the depository oversight process. In particular, this involves working on a system that help the operation teams in making sure that all the transactions being serviced within EMEA are compliant with rigorous financial markets regulatory requirements.
• The team is involved in the delivery of primarily new strategic solutions (green field development) or major augmentations of existing platform
• All responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions
• We promote and utilize a Lean Agile framework to allow for incremental development of new components and systems – and we apply DevOps principles (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
• We deliver solutions following microservices architectural principles
• The team is focused on client delivery, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and regular self-review of our operating model
• Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning are critical to our culture
Tech Stack and Tooling:
Java backend development skills: Spring, Spring Boot, Java 8+, Lombok, Flyway, micro-services, OAuth, SQL Server, swagger, Mockito
Private Cloud, Docker, S3, nginx, Jenkins, Sonar Code Repository: GitLab Development and Knowledge Base: IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence, Scrum
Nice to have: Angular 8+, Ngrx, Rxjs, Web-components, micro-frontends
Who are we looking for?
• Passionate Senior Backend developer with strong people and problem-solving skills
• Flexible, yet independent team players who are comfortable leaving their comfort zones and thinking creatively
• Inquisitive and analytically-minded engineers who can articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
• Strong technologists with a preference towards developing their technical skills in micro-services-oriented architectures
• Nice to have full-stack development
What we can offer you:
• Full time contract of employment
• Competitive salary
• Health & Life Insurance
• Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
• Pension scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
• Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
• A collaborative culture and great teams
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.