For more than a century, Goodyear has led the industry in manufacturing innovative tires that deliver the highest level of performance for everything from passenger cars and trucks to airplanes, heavy-duty mining equipment, and racecars. We are devoted to advancing tire technology, applying our innovations to new products that deliver confident mobility for drivers everywhere. If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career path, you will enjoy being a part of the manufacturing team.
As a Journeyman Millwright, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all plant equipment in one of Goodyear's Chemical manufacturing plants. Goodyear Chemical is a division of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company which manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications. You will also promote safety, environmental stewardship and housekeeping throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Troubleshoot, repair, install and lubricate industrial mechanical equipment, including safety guards and shields
· Interpret blueprints, schematics, sketches to determine correct work procedures
· Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment including but not limited to inspection, lubrication and alignment
· Rebuild pumps and various mechanical equipment as necessary following standard operating procedures
· Test systems, machines and other equipment; analyze and troubleshoot hydraulic systems
· Use precision maintenance tools and methods such as shaft alignment, belt tensioning, sprocket/pulley alignment, set bearing tolerances and proper fastener torque
· Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments required
· Adhere to Goodyear's attendance policy
· Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable
· HS Diploma/GED
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
· Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
· Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
· Basic computer skills
· 2+ years' experience in maintenance (Millwright, Machinist or Hydraulics)
· AAS degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology, Millwright a plus
· AWS, ASME or API certified in Stick, 2G, 3G & 4G Welding Position
· Journeyman's card
· Completion of an Apprenticeship Program or other formal technical training, Millwright a plus
· Previous military service experience within a technical specialty
· Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
· Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done
· Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
· Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects
· Ability to think logically and make appropriate decisions in routine and non-routine situations
· Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
· Commitment to working safely
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. We employ about 64,000 people and manufacture products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Goodyear's two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.