PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Receivable Officer to join our small, specialist team. This is a contract role to be based at our UK Head Office in Reading, alongside plenty of home/flexible working.
In a busy environment like PepsiCo it can sometimes be tricky to keep accounting procedures running smoothly. It’s not just about processing invoices and keeping to deadlines, our Accounts teams work hard to resolve challenges and find innovative solutions whilst maintaining an excellent level of service to both internal stake holders and external suppliers.
The role will require someone who is flexible, has a positive attitude to change and able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment. This role would suit someone with experience in a transactional based finance role.
What you’ll get up to:
- Business partner our Shared Service operator (offshore) in delivery of the “Order to Cash” transactional processes
- Business partner the Sales function (as our key customer) and set example to the local team to delivery great customer service and demonstrate high level of stakeholder management skills
- Act as the point of escalation and support for the retained UK team on invalid sales promotion deductions
- Support Cash Collection process to maximise our operating cash flow
- Drive governance of the cash collection policy for the UK business, with particular focus to the Debtor pre-chase process adherence
- Own Reporting of performance against plan
- Driving action based feedback to Shared service partner, to address any process /performance gaps
- Own internal escalation to support clearance of stubborn issues. “Call Time” on issues collaboratively across finance and cross-functionally
- Feedback on course correction required including deployment of learnings for local and offshore teams
- Utilise your relationship management skills in playing a critical role in the clean up of aged balances on customer accounts
- Take a lead role in the clean up of Customer Master Data
- Take ownership for aged Short delivery / damaged stock / Product returns as a Subject Matter Expert
- Take ownership for period close actives that occur pre / post period close
- Be a real team player to support day-to-day delivery and project timelines of a large scale PepsiCo project (implementation of SAP in April 2021).
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in an Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable type role
- Strong, confident self-starter, capable of working on various priorities at the same time and organising own actions and workload without the structure of day to day routine tasks. Also capable of flexing through busy periods to support AR team on other tasks when required.
- Able to work with some direction from Manager, but happy to drive day to day without supervision.
- Strong collaboration, relationship building skills inspiring trust through various cross functional business partners to achieve objective of role.
- Strong communication skills, able to flex style to work and support people at various levels of knowledge and experience, including an offshore team
- Good excel skills
- Ability to cut through issues, identify route cause, generate solutions to eliminate future occurrences
- Ability to create and support an inclusive environment and a healthy work/ life balance approach; working with a diverse group of people from different backgrounds
Careers at PepsiCo
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.
We offer a competitive salary and package, private healthcare, pension and many other benefits as well as fantastic flexible working opportunities.
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.